Sunday, September 04, 2005

Okay, all the pics are up. Enjoy. I realize there are a few things I didnt mention, like how I got the jewel clear, how I got evox, and how I installed the switch. Well, thats because there arent any pictures of all that, but I will explain in detail how it all was done.

The jewel-
The first step is to remove the jewel. Take the case off and pry up the tabs on the metal shield to remove it. The easiest way to remove the jewel is to freeze the cover of the xbox for 2 hours. Take it out of the freezer , turn it over and smack the area where the jewel is with a hammer a few times. The adhesive will break and the jewel will fall out. Remove all of the plastic and paint (except the silver xbox letters) with a heavy grit sand paper. Once there is no more green, wash the jewel with mildsoap and water. Then wet sand the jewel with a finer grit sandpaper. 400 is a good start, then 1000 then 2000. When the jewel is almost clear use and jewelers rouge and a soft towel or cotton ball to polish the rest.
Now you need to see the inside of the xbox. With a dremel or rotozip, cut a hole where the jewel rests. Leave a small edge for the jewel to rest on and later glue it to. smooth the edge out with some fine sandpaper and use model glue to hold the jewel in place.

Getting Evox-
google it and it will tell you everything you need to know.

The switch-
Pick out a nice switch that isnt too big. Find a spot where there is enough room under the lid for the switch. I used a 3/4 inch wood drill bit to cut a hole for my switch. Unless you like alot of holes in your xbox, make sure you like where the switch is at before drilling. Once the switch was secure I soldered a molex y connector to the terminals. Then I removed the molex connector from the harddrive and plugged it into the y cable and the y cable into the harddrive. Wammo, lights.

There you have it. Also, I couldnt have done most of this without the help of my buddy Jay, so im gonna be nice and pimp his website. www.jayfyalka.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home